    question/reply in. I seek help on how this is accomplished.
    Thanks.
    John
    JohnE, Jan 4, 2010

  2. JohnE

    Abdul Sami Guest

    You can bind a javascript function to commandField link on rowDataBound
    event. Inside javascript you can use this script
    window.open ("newpage.aspx",
    "mywindow","menubar=0,resizable=1,width=450,height=250");

    --
    Abdul Sami

    Abdul Sami, Jan 4, 2010

  3. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    Thanks to the both of you. Each comment gave me more ideas to use for this
    and else where.
    John

    JohnE, Jan 4, 2010
  4. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    "Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

    > "JohnE" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [please don't top-post]
    >
    > >> Hello. I am working on having a commandfield link on a gridview open
    > >> another
    > >> window but in a more smaller regulated style (specified height, width,
    > >> sizable, etc). An example is the window that opens up here to enter the
    > >> new
    > >> question/reply in. I seek help on how this is accomplished.

    > > Thanks to the both of you. Each comment gave me more ideas to use for
    > > this
    > > and else where.

    > Bear in mind that, whereas the window.open method will probably work OK on
    > an internal intranet site, it is liable to cause you huge problems on a
    > public Internet site due to popup blockers, etc...
    >

    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVP
    > http://www.markrae.net
    >
    > .

    I realized that just after I sent the email back. I thought back to the
    SSRS project and I used something similar there and it did not work. I've
    been googling some more and found a possible way of opening a new window.

    Do have another question tho. I have a master page that has a row of
    linkbuttons on it. These linkbuttons open up the different applications that
    are being developed. The webapps are using a nested master page inheriting
    from the master page, including the css. Is there a way to not show the row
    of linkbuttons when the webapps are opened up?
    .... John
    JohnE, Jan 4, 2010