Opening of .chm files

BHARAT MEHTA

Hi Guys,
I am a budding programmer in C. I have developed a Game Simulation of
the show 'Who wants to Be millionaire', wherein I have made a help file
with .chm extension for the user assistance. Can any one tell me how
to open up the file through my C program.
For your information I have used the 'system' and 'spawn' function for
the purpose.

Kindly help me please.....

Vladimir S. Oka

BHARAT said:
Hi Guys,
I am a budding programmer in C. I have developed a Game Simulation of
the show 'Who wants to Be millionaire', wherein I have made a help file
with .chm extension for the user assistance. Can any one tell me how
to open up the file through my C program.
For your information I have used the 'system' and 'spawn' function for
the purpose.

Do you mean "used" as in "used and it failed"? If yes, then how? Shows
us some code, although keep in mind that OS-specific questions are
off-topic here. If I guess right ".chm" are M$ help files, so one of
the Windoze groups may be a better choice.

<OT>
Try: system("start my_chm_file.chm");
</OT>

Richard Bos

BHARAT MEHTA said:
I am a budding programmer in C. I have developed a Game Simulation of
the show 'Who wants to Be millionaire',

I'll leave the obligatory copyright thread to someone else.
wherein I have made a help file with .chm extension for the user assistance.
Can any one tell me how to open up the file through my C program.

Yes. Microsoft can. You're not supposed to open MS Help files yourself,
you should ask the MS Help system to do so. Ask in a MS-specific
newsgroup for pointers on how to do this.

Richard