    Could somebody please help me with this.

    thanks in advance.
    Parag Joshi
    =?Utf-8?B?UGFyYWcgSm9zaGk=?=, Jan 21, 2004

  2. No problem. Since the user is downloading a Word document, all the user has
    to have is Word installed on their machine. The browser will open it in
    Wortd automatically. If they don't have Word on their machine, they will be
    prlompted to save or open. I believe there is a free Reader that can be
    downloaded from the Microsoft site.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Parag Joshi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a peculiar problem. Hope some body can help.
    > I want to open up a word document on the client from a ASPX page. When a

    user clicks a button I want to show him a word document whose contents have
    to come from the server.
    > The problem is my server will not have any office application installed on

    it.

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Thanks for your advice.
    But even if Word in installed on the client machine.
    The browser will ask the user if he want to view or save the file. I want to directly open the word document.
    Just to give a clear idea - on the microsoft site on the following link http://office.microsoft.com/templat...igin=CT061995211033&CategoryID=CT061995211033
    There is a download button. When clicked it opens the template in word format on the client machine.

    I just went through the view source of this page. The button seems to invoke a java script function.

    Could you tell me how to get the same effect on my site.

    thanks in advance

    Parag Joshi
    =?Utf-8?B?UGFyYWcgSm9zaGk=?=, Jan 21, 2004