Opening PDF in new window on click of linkbutton in datagrid

settyv

Hi,

I need to open PDF document in new window when i click on linkbutton
in datagrid.For that i have written code as below:

But the problem with this code is that it opens the new window ,but not

private void grdTest_ItemCommand(object source,
if(e.CommandName=="View")
{
LinkButton btn = e.Item.FindControl("linkView") as LinkButton;

GetPDF();
btn.Attributes.Add("Onclick","window.open('TestData.aspx');" +
"return false;");

Here is the GetPDF function:

public void GetPDF()
{

FileStream fs;
string fname;
fname = MapPath("../") + "via project/documents/Mass_title.pdf";
fs = File.Open(fname, FileMode.Open);
byte[] data = new byte[fs.Length];
int i=(int)fs.Length;
fs.Read(data, 0, i);
fs.Close();
Response.Clear();
Response.Charset = "";
Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition",
"inline;filename=pdfTest.pdf");
Response.BinaryWrite(data);
Response.End();

}

Thanks,
Vishnu

vantrinh81

Hi,

You need to place the function GetPDF() in your TestData.aspx.vb 's
PageLoad.

vt