Opening PDF within IE7 - file could not be written to cache

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by ll, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. ll

    ll Guest

    I have a page in in ASP which lists static links to PDF files. When
    users click on the links, they receive the following message:

    right-clicking on the link and selecting "save target as" generates
    the following error message from IE7:
    "The file could not be written to the cache"

    Clicking the link, and selecting "save" from the resultant dialog
    generates:
    "Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The
    requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found please try
    again later"

    This page works fine in Mozilla.
    I've researched this a bit and have read about the caching issues,
    although none of the pages on the site address cache control. Any
    thoughts or ideas as to why this isn't working?

    Thanks,
    Louis
    ll, Nov 29, 2007

  2. ll

    Evertjan. Guest

    ll wrote on 29 nov 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have a page in in ASP which lists static links to PDF files. When
    > users click on the links, they receive the following message:
    >
    > right-clicking on the link and selecting "save target as" generates
    > the following error message from IE7:
    > "The file could not be written to the cache"
    >
    > Clicking the link, and selecting "save" from the resultant dialog
    > generates:
    > "Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The
    > requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found please try
    > again later"
    >
    > This page works fine in Mozilla.

    Please show the relevant ASP [vbs or js or ...] code.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Nov 29, 2007