Opening Photoshop EPS with PIL?

oliver

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to get PIL to open some EPS files I have (Photoshop EPS,
whatever the difference is). I'm trying to use PIL to do this, but
when I run it, the following happens:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<console>", line 1, in ?
File "/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line
1741, in open
return factory(fp, filename)
File "/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line
82, in __init__
self._open()
File "/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/EpsImagePlugin.py",
line 206, in _open
raise IOError, "bad EPS header"

I've never had any real trouble with PIL before (never used it for EPS
though). Can anyone offer any advice on this one? I'd be most
grateful.

Many Thanks Everyone,
Oliver Beattie

oliver

.eps ==> vector ; not bitmap

I was under the impression that .eps could be opened with PIL (and by
the way, their contents are actually raster (but with a work path
which shouldn't be displayed anyway)

Any ideas?

Dennis Lee Bieber

I was under the impression that .eps could be opened with PIL (and by
the way, their contents are actually raster (but with a work path
which shouldn't be displayed anyway)
Depends on the source of the EPS... Encapsulated PostScript could be
nothing but a program that generates a drawing using random numbers each
time it is opened.
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/