Opening Ports

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Tony Curtis, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Tony Curtis

    Tony Curtis Guest

    >> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:38:38 +0100,
    >> "Connell Gauld" <> said:

    > Hey, Is there a way to open a port to an IP, send and
    > receive information. What I would like is something similar
    > to if you use telnet to open to an IP and port except that
    > the perl code has control.

    If you're doing something with a well-known protocol, there's
    almost certainly a module for it:

    http://search.cpan.org/

    Otherwise look at Net::Cmd and/or IO::Socket::INET

    hth

    Tony Curtis, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Hey,
    Is there a way to open a port to an IP, send and receive information. What I
    would like is something similar to if you use telnet to open to an IP and
    port except that the perl code has control.

    Thnaks
    Connell

    Connell Gauld, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Tony Curtis

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Tony Curtis <tony_curtis32@_SPAMTRAP_yahoo.com> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > >> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:38:38 +0100,
    > >> "Connell Gauld" <> said:

    > > Hey, Is there a way to open a port to an IP, send and
    > > receive information. What I would like is something similar
    > > to if you use telnet to open to an IP and port except that
    > > the perl code has control.

    > If you're doing something with a well-known protocol, there's
    > almost certainly a module for it:
    >
    > http://search.cpan.org/
    >
    > Otherwise look at Net::Cmd and/or IO::Socket::INET

    Also: Net::EasyTCP

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Apr 20, 2004