Opening Project error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sklett, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. sklett

    sklett Guest

    I hate having to go to a new machine and open an existing web project.

    So I tool my project home from work. Followed these steps:
    1) saved project contents into folder under wwwroot
    2) created virtual directory pointed to above path
    3) in VS.net, File->Open = http://localhost
    4) I see my new virtual directory
    5) double click.... and I get the magnifying glass looking around and
    eventually it locks up (can't list files)

    so, this is weird. So I try this:

    1) in VS.net
    2) Create new webproject
    3) Exit
    4) restart VS.net and try to open... works fine.

    So what is the deal? What magical set of options do I need to have set?
    Ahhhhhh!!..... this is such a pain, everytime I do this.

    Here is what I'm using:
    - vs2003
    - winXp pro
    - C# (not that it should matter, but who knows)
    - I haven't messed with any permissions as far as I know.

    Any ideas?

    Please help???/ PLease

    -Steve
    sklett, Dec 11, 2003