Opening two windows

BigJohn

I have a page which enables filter values to be entered and a View button
which opens a new window using
javascript:window.open('http://myurl?parameterlist','_blank'). The client
needs to see two filtered reports side-by-side from the same screen.

Scenario:
- enter filter criteria (e.g. date 12/05/2007)
- select View
- new window opens with filtered PDF displayed
- return to first form
- change filter (e.g. date 12/03/2007)
- select View
- need to open a third window with new PDF, but the second window is being
opened with the updated content.

Suggestions?

Jacques

This seems to be less of a Asp.Net issue and more HTML.

Have you tried:

false;">Test me</a>

The return false after the window.open statement will stop the document in
the browser from jumping around, but essentially that code should do the
trick.

Cheers
Jacques

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi bigjohn,

The "_blank" parameter passed to window.open should open a new window every
time it invoked, do you mean that it always opens in your second window on
your side?

As Jacques mentioned, this issue doesn't seem to be related to ASP.NET and
is purely HTML issue. Could you please create a simpler html page and have
a test?

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support