    mailer. Can anyone give me some advice?

    Thanks,
    John Fistere

    John Fistere, Nov 5, 2003

  2. John Fistere wrote:

    > I haven't found a way to open the file in HTML so it can be passed to the
    > mailer. Can anyone give me some advice?

    HTML isn't a programming language. It can't do anything.

    Any opening of files, sending by e-mail, etc will have to be done by CGI.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Toby A Inkster wrote:

    > Any opening of files, sending by e-mail, etc will have to be done by CGI.

    What's wrong with other ways of a program talking to the server?

    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >
    >> Any opening of files, sending by e-mail, etc will have to be done by CGI.

    > What's wrong with other ways of a program talking to the server?

    While others (PHP, JSP, ColdFusion, mod_open_files_and_send_stuff_by_email,
    etc) *could* be used, the OP was already using CGI, so it seemed to be a
    natural choice.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Nov 6, 2003