    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Matt
    mkorch17, Apr 6, 2006

  2. mkorch17

    Slim Guest

    ASP is server side,

    you need to use client side script

    try this page, it opens in client and loads file from my server

    http://wanews.org/test/word.htm

    Slim, Apr 6, 2006

  3. mkorch17

    mkorch17 Guest

    Doesn't open anything.

    mkorch17, Apr 6, 2006
  4. mkorch17

    Slim Guest

    works for me

    I was using Word.Application.11 (office 2003)
    I have changed it to Word.Application

    try again

    Slim, Apr 6, 2006
  5. mkorch17

    Slim Guest

    PS you will need to check your IE security setting and make sure active x
    can run

    Slim, Apr 6, 2006
  6. mkorch17

    mkorch17 Guest

    I can't use an ActiveX solution, my company does not allow it.
    mkorch17, Apr 6, 2006
  7. mkorch17 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a server with a Word document and an Access database on it. I
    > also have an ASP page running on the server. The Word document
    > contains a mail merge with the Access database. What I want to do is
    > open the merged Word document from the ASP page when a button is
    > clicked. I have tried several things including some scripting that I
    > found on the internet. This scripting works, however it opens the
    > merged document on the server instead of on the user's local machine.
    > I want the Word document to open on the local machine instead.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Maybe something in this article will help you:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q257757

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 6, 2006