OpenJMS and communication to non-JMS

Berlin Brown

Has anybody got any code that does jms messaging from a NON-JMS client,
for example a TCP/IP client. I know the code is there, but do I have
to do the JNDI and all that stuff from non-jms?

I am sure it is just a tcp message. The j2EE spec doesnt go into
detail about everything. Looking at the openjms code it does look too
bad, but I am sure there is an example out there on the web?

jan V

Has anybody got any code that does jms messaging from a NON-JMS client,
for example a TCP/IP client.

Can you tell us why you don't wish to use the JMS API ? Why reinvent the
wheel?

Berlin Brown

Because I might not be using java. Interoperate. I believe the HTTP
messaging might work, but I probably don't want to run tomcat either.

Raymond DeCampo

Berlin said:
Because I might not be using java. Interoperate. I believe the HTTP
messaging might work, but I probably don't want to run tomcat either.

Your best bet would probably be to use a messaging service that supports
JMS, but is not primarily a JMS service, if you get my meaning. I'm
sure there are messaging servers that support JMS as well as have C/C++
libraries.

Ray

Real Gagnon

Has anybody got any code that does jms messaging from a NON-JMS client,
for example a TCP/IP client. I know the code is there, but do I have
to do the JNDI and all that stuff from non-jms?

We had a similar problem, our solution (maybe not the best) was to let the
non-JMS client put the message in a non-JMS queue and have a MDB listen to
this queue. Then the MDB transfer (and possibly transform) the message to a
JMS queue.

Bye.

Berlin Brown

Sun lied, it says write on the J2EE JMS spec, that interoperability is
supported but didnt say how. I guess I could write an implementation
and figure it out or hack on OpenJMS or ethereal.

I wish Sun would have put a C++ example in the JMS code.