OpenOffice Writer as component in Swing application?

Discussion in 'Java' started by bo_kid@yahoo.com, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm currently working on a Swing GUI. I need a nice word-processor
    inside this GUI and I'm currently only using a JTextArea.

    I've looked at OpenOffices's Writer.
    Is it possible to integrate Writer into my Swing GUI? More precisely,
    can I switch the JTextArea with a Writer component, like putting the
    Writer component in a JPanel?

    The reason I'm asking is that I've head from somewhere (don't remember
    where) that you can't integreate OpenOffice components into Swing? I.e.
    you can't put an OpenOffice component inside a JFrame/JPanel. Is this
    true?

    Very thankfull for any kind of information.
    Thanks!
    /Kid
    , Jan 20, 2005