OpenOpt Suite 0.39

dmitrey

Hi all,
I'm glad to inform you about new OpenOpt release 0.39 (quarterly since
2007).

OpenOpt is free, even for commercial purposes, cross-platform software
for mahematical modeling and (mainstream) optimization. Our website
have reached 259 visitors daily, that is same to tomopt.com and ~ 1/3
of gams.com (details).

In the new release:
interalg (medium-scaled solver with specifiable accuracy abs(f-f*) <=
fTol): add categorical variables and general logical constraints, many
other improvements
Some improvements for automatic differentiation
DerApproximator and some OpenOpt/FuncDesigner functionality now works
with PyPy (Python with dinamic compilation, some problems are solved
several times faster now)
New solver lsmr for dense/sparse LLSP (linear least squares)
Some bugfixes and some other changes

In our website (http://openopt.org) you could vote for most required
OpenOpt Suite development direction(s).

Regards, D.