OpenOpt Suite release 0.45

dmitrey15

Hi all,

I'm glad to inform you about new OpenOpt Suite release 0.45 (2013-March-15):
* Essential improvements for FuncDesigner interval analysis (thus affect solver interalg)
* Temporary walkaround for a serious bug in FuncDesigner automatic differentiation kernel due to a bug in some versions of Python or NumPy, may affect optimization problems, including (MI)LP, (MI)NLP, TSP etc
* Some other minor bugfixes and improvements

Stefan Behnel

(e-mail address removed), 15.03.2013 14:36:
I'm glad to inform you about new OpenOpt Suite release 0.45 (2013-March-15):
* Essential improvements for FuncDesigner interval analysis (thus affect solver interalg)
* Temporary walkaround for a serious bug in FuncDesigner automatic differentiation kernel due to a bug in some versions of Python or NumPy, may affect optimization problems, including (MI)LP, (MI)NLP, TSP etc
* Some other minor bugfixes and improvements

Hi,

two comments:

1) You might want to send announcements to the dedicated python-announce
mailing list instead of the general Python mailing list.

2) When you send a software release announcement to a mailing list with an
audience as broad as python-list or python-announce, don't expect others to
already know what you are talking about. It's a good idea (and a nice
touch) to add a short and generally understandable (i.e. using no special
purpose terminology) paragraph to your announcement that tells readers what
the software does and why it would be interesting for them. Usually, that
substantially increases the impact of your announcement, because most
people will just ignore release announcements that they do not immediately
understand, assuming (correctly or incorrectly) that the software is not
meant to be used by them.

Stefan