Opensource software for computing checksum?

BobR

Richard Heathfield wrote in message ...
BobR said:
Think of 25 December as Jesus' "official" birthday. If the Queen can have
one, I don't see why He shouldn't get one too.

....and everyday as Jesus' un-official birthday.
I was trying to think of an ObTopic, but I'm struggling to come up with one
that'll be relevant in all three groups. Even "hello world" would start an
argument. :)

I assume *everybody* has wxWidgets, so, pop this in somewhere and run it on
Dec 25, please. [ wxWidgets URL: http://www.wxwidgets.org ]
('C' & 'D' people: you should ne able to figure it out. <G>)

wxString Tmsg( _T(" Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ") );
wxMessageBox(Tmsg, " To All : ", wxOK | wxICON_INFORMATION, 0);

Mark McIntyre

(who cares?)

Troll alert.

--

_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the |
/ \ | Trolls |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Giannis Papadopoulos

It's pathologic idiots - yes I said idiot - like YOU that get people
hurt or worse in serious situations. You have absolutely no
situational awareness of your surroundings do you. Strict
adherence to your sick little rules is all that matters, right.

The OP acknowledged his MINOR transgression but said he was desperate.
Despite being a sad little demigod in your own mind, it's not up to
you to decide that, because
people like you never get a clue as to when it is serious or not. If
you don't already work for the government I'm sure you soon will be.
Clueless wads like you always end up in the Complaint Dept. abusing
taxpayers.

I have news for you pal, there is more to life than this myopic ng.
Can you fathom that? Oh, right, you have proven you can't. Why have I
responded? I'm just sick of incompetent fools like you who fancy
themselves bullies. And if you want to play big-dog territorial games
I've been reading and posting in this ng since 1994. That's 77 dog
years to you.

"Bad things happen when good men do nothing."

To everyone else: Merry Christmas dammit and a Happy New Year.

Do you think that all this was necessary?

soar2morrow

6) If you can't get help on things not topical here that is *your*
problem, not ours.

I have one question: are you a U.S. taxpayer?

Because, if you are, it is your problem, too. The alternative to fixing
this machine is buying another one at a cost of from $500,000 to $1M
(using tax payer's dollars, of course).

If I have to put up with insufferable bores such as you to contact
Roberto, then so be it.

Have a very merry Christmas!

Tom Seim

Richard Heathfield

(e-mail address removed) said:
I have one question: are you a U.S. taxpayer?

No. For national issues, try a local group. All the groups to which you
posted are international.

soar2morrow

You apparently don't seem to understand that I am trying to contact a
very specific person, Roberto Waltman. He posted to this group 5 days
ago, besides numerous other times. All other methods of contacting him
have, so far, failed.

I can be contacted at (e-mail address removed), or my before mentioned
contact info.

Tom Seim

BTW the question was directed at Flash Gordon, not you. Unfortunately
it seems that everyone is responding to my posts other than the one I
am interested in.

Richard Heathfield

(e-mail address removed) said:
You apparently don't seem to understand that I am trying to contact a
very specific person, Roberto Waltman.

You apparently don't understand the purpose of comp.lang.c.
He posted to this group 5 days ago, besides numerous other times.

"This" group isn't meaningful, when you're posting to three groups at once.
All other methods of contacting him have, so far, failed.

Did you try asking Mrs Jones at the Cash n Carry on the High Street?
BTW the question was directed at Flash Gordon, not you.

Then why didn't you email it to him, instead of posting it in an
international newsgroup for everybody to see and respond to?
Unfortunately
it seems that everyone is responding to my posts other than the one I
am interested in.

If you're not interested in the responses you receive in Usenet, don't post
to Usenet.

Mark McIntyre

You apparently don't seem to understand that I am trying to contact a
very specific person, Roberto Waltman.

Thats well understood. The point is, this isn't a private chat room.
You can't have private one-to-one conversations here. Furthermore you
said:

any of us are US taxpayers (and most of us aren't), its still offtopic
here.

You also said:
To which I respectfully suggest that if the US Govt is too damn stupid
to keep contact details of manufacturers of expensive equipment on
file, and too cretinous to have escrow agreements regarding design
specs and software, then they should be forced to admit they're
wasting their voters' money.
BTW the question was directed at Flash Gordon, not you. Unfortunately
it seems that everyone is responding to my posts other than the one I
am interested in.

Usenet is *not* a private chatroom. If you post something, expect all
sorts of people to respond.
Mark McIntyre

Chuck F.

Mark said:
Thats well understood. The point is, this isn't a private chat
room. You can't have private one-to-one conversations here.
Furthermore you said:

This is ridiculous. The OP put out one mild contact feeler. It
may not be strictly topical, but it certainly doesn't deserve this
nonsense. He can't use email, etc. Nobody would criticize anyone
here for asking what happened to Dan Pop (and nobody has either
criticized, nor answered, that in the past).

Richard Heathfield

Chuck F. said:
This is ridiculous. The OP put out one mild contact feeler.

....which I ignored, not being the contact the OP was after. And I agree with
you that this was no big deal. But then he asked the following question:

"I have one question: are you a U.S. taxpayer?"

That isn't a mild contact feeler. That's an invitation to have the realities
of international discussions explained to him.

Mark McIntyre

This is ridiculous. The OP put out one mild contact feeler.

I quite agree. I was responding to his points in the subsequent
blather, not the initial contact request, which I found quite
unobjectionable.
may not be strictly topical, but it certainly doesn't deserve this
nonsense. He can't use email, etc. Nobody would criticize anyone
here for asking what happened to Dan Pop (and nobody has either
criticized, nor answered, that in the past).

Quite. My main point was that blathering on about US Taxpayers'
dollars, govt failures to keep tabs on important s/w etc is not
relevant to CLC and not likely to impress anyone. I also wanted to
comment on this from the OP:

which is an absurd thing to say, since usenet is a public discussion
forum.
Mark McIntyre

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
Chuck F. said:

...which I ignored, not being the contact the OP was after. And I agree with
you that this was no big deal. But then he asked the following question:

"I have one question: are you a U.S. taxpayer?"

That isn't a mild contact feeler. That's an invitation to have the realities
of international discussions explained to him.

Yes, and it was inappropriate, but it was in response to a followup
from someone else that was, in my opinion, an overreaction.

This whole thing has escalated to an absurd degree. I don't know or
care whose fault that is, but it's going to take everybody's
cooperation to end it. I suggest we all stop posting on this thread,
even if it means letting someone else have the last word.

Flash Gordon

Keith said:
Yes, and it was inappropriate, but it was in response to a followup
from someone else that was, in my opinion, an overreaction.

I'll accept I probably overreacted.
This whole thing has escalated to an absurd degree. I don't know or
care whose fault that is, but it's going to take everybody's
cooperation to end it. I suggest we all stop posting on this thread,
even if it means letting someone else have the last word.

Indeed.

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
I suggest we all stop posting on this thread,
even if it means letting someone else have the last word.

Ah, no, you don't catch me like tha^D#^$!).$@;1$0!ATZ

Al Balmer

Roberto said:
Roberto Waltman
[ Please reply to the group,
return address is invalid ]

This is off topic, but I am desparate!

After doing a search, I found that you worked on the software for the
Imagen 100. We have an Imagen 50 that is broken (the X-Y stage does not
operate) and I need any help that I can find. I contacted the company
that merged with Research Devices and they couldn't help me at all. If
you can help me, or know someone who can, please contact me at:

www.pnl.gov
Go to Google, type in "people finder", then choose from all the
services that claim to know where he is.
Huh? You expect folks to download a pdf to get your contact info?