Opensource vs Microsoft, Wat do you think about opensource?

Discussion in 'Python' started by cracker, May 19, 2006.

  1. cracker

    cracker Guest

    Microsoft has dominated the world of computing for many years, with its
    heavily guarded 'code' being beyond reach to many in the developing
    nations. In some of the poorest countries the cost of upgrading an
    operating system to keep up with the rest of the world amounts to a
    year's wages, and there are few legitimate options. In Thailand for
    example, 95 percent of software on computers is pirated. The poorest
    countries are now beginning to use free or open source software (FOSS),
    a software that parallels many of Microsoft's programmes but with the
    major difference being that they are distributed free of charge and can
    be altered by computer programmers who are allowed unfettered access to
    the 'source code'.
    These days lots of discussion going on about Open source software and
    Paid software like (Microsofts)
    So wat do u think about opensource software? and what is your view
    about Microsoft share your views with us!
    and let us know what do you think about opensource software.

    http://www.desi-tek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=394&st=

    cracker, May 19, 2006

  2. cracker

    Ben Finney Guest

    "cracker" <> writes:

    > So wat do u think about opensource software? and what is your view
    > about Microsoft share your views with us!
    > and let us know what do you think about opensource software.
    >
    > http://www.desi-tek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=394&st=

    Please don't spam here to ask for discussion on another forum, on a
    tangentially related topic.

    --
    \ "I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not |
    `\ our children's children, because I don't think children should |

    Ben Finney, May 19, 2006

  3. Ben Finney enlightened us with:
    > Please don't spam here to ask for discussion on another forum, on a
    > tangentially related topic.

    Hey, it's at least better than asking for a discussion on a
    tangentially related topic _here_ ;-)

    Sybren
    Frank Zappa

    Sybren Stuvel, May 19, 2006