OpenURI::HTTPError: 404 Not Found reading http://gems.rubyforge.org/?

Tom Copeland

Hi all,

I just upgraded to gems 0.9.5, and now I'm getting:

mathpeople: sudo gem install rails
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
OpenURI::HTTPError: 404 Not Found reading
http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems/activerecord-1.15.6.gem

Am I doing something wrong, or is the server down?

We're having a spot of trouble with getting new gems sync'd out to the
mirrors at the moment. I've disabled mirroring and rubyforge.org is
just serving all the gems rather than redirecting to the mirrors. So
"gem install rails" should work again...

Yours,

Tom