    Hi all,
    I've got an issue with a horizontal white stripe appearing between two
    browsers I've tested - IE5.5, IE6, NS7 - work fine. Can anyone help? The
    site is at www.nowpc.co.uk

    Many thanks in advance,
    NWhite
    NWhite, Jun 21, 2004

  2. NWhite

    kchayka Guest

    NWhite wrote:

    > I've got an issue with a horizontal white stripe appearing between two
    > www.nowpc.co.uk

    It's not just Opera. I also see it in mozilla with my
    larger-than-average text size. Zoom text to see it yourself.

    Don't slice up the background image, just keep it intact and use it as a
    background for the body element.

    kchayka, Jun 21, 2004

  3. kchayka wrote:

    > NWhite wrote:

    >> I've got an issue with a horizontal white stripe appearing between two
    >> www.nowpc.co.uk

    > It's not just Opera. I also see it in mozilla with my
    > larger-than-average text size. Zoom text to see it yourself.

    Ditto for Konqueror.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 21, 2004
  4. NWhite

    NWhite Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Ditto for Konqueror.

    Oh... bugger!
    I see what you're saying. I sliced the image because it worked better for
    horizontal resizing of the page - I still think it does. At narrow settings,
    when the menu items begin to drop vertically, a fixed background image
    fails. I'll have to think of something else, but thanks for the responses.
    At least I know it's not just Opera dependent.
    NWhite.
    NWhite, Jun 21, 2004