Opera problem

Frogleg

I just d'loaded Opera, and one of my pages went all horrible. I have
the following in a style sheet:

a:link {color: #339999; text-decoration: underline;}

a:.menu:link{color:black; background:#339999; text-decoration: none;}

My menu is of the form:

Opera seems to like the 1st link style best, as applies that one
*instead* of the 2nd for my menu. Since the background color of the
menu area is #339999 (teal), the unvisited link is invisible.

So how come Opera won't pay attention to my 'menu' style?

Matthias Gutfeldt

Frogleg said:
I just d'loaded Opera, and one of my pages went all horrible. I have
the following in a style sheet:

a:link {color: #339999; text-decoration: underline;}

a:.menu:link{color:black; background:#339999; text-decoration: none;}

a:.menu:link is not a valid selector. I suppose you mean a.menu:link ?

Matthias

SpaceGirl

Frogleg said:
It's W3C's fault. Since they moved the CSS validator, I haven't
checked as I should. (The HTML is just fine.)

Thnx.

It's W3C's fault you cant write CSS? How'd you figure that one? :)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)