Opera: still can not convert the key pressed (for instance to upper case)?

Martin Honnen

Paul Gorodyansky wrote:

More than a year passed since Netscape/Mozilla implemented what IE had since IE 5:
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1661

Mozilla has not implemented what IE has, IE allows script to change the
event.keyCode property in an event handler which Mozilla doesn't allow.
What Mozilla allows and what that FAQTS article exploits is that Mozilla
allows you to manipulate the selection in a text control after
cancelling the key event.
Is Opera still behind and does not allow re-assign keyCode?

Opera (as tested with 7.50) like Mozilla doesn't allow you to change the
keyCode property of the event object. And Opera as far as I know has no
API to allow script to manipulate the selection in a text control.
Of course Opera allows you to change the whole value of a text control
to upper case onchange or onblur or onsubmit.