    (opera) work instead of saying sorry i dont understand... i hope this isnt a
    stupid question?

    thank you very much

    the idiot, Sep 17, 2005

  2. the idiot

    Els Guest

    the idiot wrote:

    > what code would i have to stick into my html in order to make the voice
    > (opera) work instead of saying sorry i dont understand... i hope this isnt a
    > stupid question?

    "sorry I don't understand" is only said when it doesn't understand
    what you are saying, nothing to do with the page itself afaik.

    Did you highlight the bit you wanted read out to you? Did you say
    "Opera speak"? Did you keep the button pressed in while you said it?

    (those were my first three mistakes that resulted in 'sorry I don't
    understand')

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005

  3. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    >
    > > what code would i have to stick into my html in order to make the voice
    > > (opera) work instead of saying sorry i dont understand... i hope this

    isnt a
    > > stupid question?

    > "sorry I don't understand" is only said when it doesn't understand
    > what you are saying, nothing to do with the page itself afaik.
    >
    > Did you highlight the bit you wanted read out to you? Did you say
    > "Opera speak"? Did you keep the button pressed in while you said it?
    >
    > (those were my first three mistakes that resulted in 'sorry I don't
    > understand')

    ahh i see. i was just clicking voice icon expecting it to start reading the
    page for me...
    i am a very silly (and rather ignorant) man. thank you.

    the idiot, Sep 17, 2005
  4. the idiot

    Els Guest

    the idiot wrote:

    > ahh i see. i was just clicking voice icon expecting it to start reading the
    > page for me...
    > i am a very silly (and rather ignorant) man. thank you.

    Not any sillier than I - that's exactly what I first thought it would
    do too :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005
  5. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    >
    > > ahh i see. i was just clicking voice icon expecting it to start reading

    the
    > > page for me...
    > > i am a very silly (and rather ignorant) man. thank you.

    > Not any sillier than I - that's exactly what I first thought it would
    > do too :)

    youre just saying that to be kind.

    the idiot, Sep 17, 2005
  6. the idiot

    Els Guest

    the idiot wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >> the idiot wrote:
    >>
    >>> ahh i see. i was just clicking voice icon expecting it to start
    >>> reading the page for me... i am a very silly (and rather
    >>> ignorant) man. thank you.

    >> Not any sillier than I - that's exactly what I first thought it
    >> would do too :)

    > youre just saying that to be kind.

    I'm not /that/ kind :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005
  7. On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:38:33 +0200, Els <> wrote:

    > the idiot wrote:
    >
    >> "Els" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Not any sillier than I - that's exactly what I first thought it
    >>> would do too :)

    >> youre just saying that to be kind.

    > I'm not /that/ kind :)

    Methink you're at least more kind than silly ;-)

    Barbara de Zoete, Sep 17, 2005
  8. the idiot

    Els Guest

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:38:33 +0200, Els <> wrote:
    >> the idiot wrote:
    >>> "Els" <> wrote in message

    >>> youre just saying that to be kind.

    >> I'm not /that/ kind :)

    > Methink you're at least more kind than silly ;-)

    That's cause you don't know me that well :p

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005
  9. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    >
    > > "Els" <> wrote in message

    > >> Not any sillier than I - that's exactly what I first thought it
    > >> would do too :)

    > > youre just saying that to be kind.

    > I'm not /that/ kind :)

    youre not that kind of what?

    the idiot, Sep 17, 2005
  10. the idiot

    Els Guest

    the idiot wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >> the idiot wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Els" <> wrote in message

    >>> youre just saying that to be kind.

    >> I'm not /that/ kind :)
    >>

    > youre not that kind of what?

    That kind of kind :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005
  11. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    >
    > > "Els" <> wrote in message

    > >> I'm not /that/ kind :)
    > >>

    > > youre not that kind of what?

    > That kind of kind :)

    do i need a microphone to make this voice thing work because it still
    isnt...
    maybe i should stop being so bloomin lazy. pass the vodker.

    the idiot, Sep 17, 2005
  12. the idiot

    Els Guest

    the idiot wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >> the idiot wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Els" <> wrote in message

    >>> youre not that kind of what?

    >> That kind of kind :)
    >>

    > do i need a microphone to make this voice thing work because it still
    > isnt...

    Well.. to talk to Opera and say "Opera speak", I would think a
    microphone is handy, yes. Haven't yet sought out if there's another
    way to make it speak though.

    > maybe i should stop being so bloomin lazy. pass the vodker.

    Rum good too? No vodka in the house atm.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005
  13. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    >
    > > "Els" <> wrote in message

    > >> That kind of kind :)
    > >>

    > > do i need a microphone to make this voice thing work because it still
    > > isnt...

    > Well.. to talk to Opera and say "Opera speak", I would think a
    > microphone is handy, yes. Haven't yet sought out if there's another
    > way to make it speak though.
    >
    > > maybe i should stop being so bloomin lazy. pass the vodker.

    > Rum good too? No vodka in the house atm.

    but im too shy to talk to it. id start jumbling up my words.
    cheap vodker from the freezer mixed with cheap diet coke (for my figure).
    i am sophisticated.

    the idiot, Sep 17, 2005
  14. the idiot

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and pebbles, the idiot scraped:

    > cheap vodker from the freezer mixed with cheap diet coke

    If the cheap vodka doesn't rot your brain cells, then the cheap coke
    certainly will!

    With regards your original question, try taking a look at
    http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/voice/using/#nomic
    and then select the text and press "V" or "right-click > Speak" ;)

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Every time you top-post, God kills a kitten. http://tinyurl.com/8bn6m

    Dylan Parry, Sep 17, 2005
  15. the idiot

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Dylan Parry, Sep 17, 2005
  16. the idiot

    Els Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Then when you've done that, try getting it to read the page at
    > http://www.opera.com/support/new2opera/ and tell me that it doesn't say
    > "nudie opera" :\

    LOL - it does :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005
  17. the idiot

    Els Guest

    the idiot wrote:

    >>> do i need a microphone to make this voice thing work because it still
    >>> isnt...

    >> Well.. to talk to Opera and say "Opera speak", I would think a
    >> microphone is handy, yes. Haven't yet sought out if there's another
    >> way to make it speak though.
    >>
    >>> maybe i should stop being so bloomin lazy. pass the vodker.

    >> Rum good too? No vodka in the house atm.

    > but im too shy to talk to it. id start jumbling up my words.

    Opera will react just like any girl - if you don't talk to her, she
    won't talk to you <g>

    Okay, Dylan is right, just press 'v' :)

    > cheap vodker from the freezer

    why do you keep it in the freezer?

    > mixed with cheap diet coke (for my figure).

    I think expensive diet coke is just as good for that.

    > i am sophisticated.

    You're saying I'm not, just cause I have rum instead of vodka? ;-)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005
  18. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message

    > >> Well.. to talk to Opera and say "Opera speak", I would think a
    > >> microphone is handy, yes. Haven't yet sought out if there's another
    > >> way to make it speak though.

    > >> Rum good too? No vodka in the house atm.

    > > but im too shy to talk to it. id start jumbling up my words.

    > Opera will react just like any girl - if you don't talk to her, she
    > won't talk to you <g>
    >
    > Okay, Dylan is right, just press 'v' :)
    >
    > > cheap vodker from the freezer

    > why do you keep it in the freezer?
    >
    > > mixed with cheap diet coke (for my figure).

    > I think expensive diet coke is just as good for that.
    >
    > > i am sophisticated.

    > You're saying I'm not, just cause I have rum instead of vodka? ;-)

    vodker doesnt freeze so when kept in the freezer it goes very cold and gets
    a bit thicker (wrong word) but i get embarrassed when i type viscous....
    this system works best with good vodka drunk neat.
    it is wrong for ladies to drink.

    the idiot, Sep 17, 2005
  19. the idiot

    Els Guest

    the idiot wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message

    >>> but im too shy to talk to it. id start jumbling up my words.

    >> Opera will react just like any girl - if you don't talk to her, she
    >> won't talk to you <g>
    >>
    >> Okay, Dylan is right, just press 'v' :)
    >>
    >>> cheap vodker from the freezer

    >> why do you keep it in the freezer?
    >>
    >>> mixed with cheap diet coke (for my figure).

    >> I think expensive diet coke is just as good for that.
    >>
    >>> i am sophisticated.

    >> You're saying I'm not, just cause I have rum instead of vodka? ;-)
    >>

    > vodker doesnt freeze so when kept in the freezer it goes very cold and gets
    > a bit thicker (wrong word) but i get embarrassed when i type viscous....

    I understand thicker, no need for embarrassment.

    > this system works best with good vodka drunk neat.

    Vodka is best neat, but I prefer it like it is, not thicker or very
    cold.

    > it is wrong for ladies to drink.

    No it isn't. IMO of course :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 17, 2005
  20. the idiot

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Els scraped:

    > Opera will react just like any girl
    >
    > Okay, Dylan is right, just press 'v' :)

    Yep, Opera is like any girl. You have to find the right button (in this
    case "V") and it works wonders.

    >>cheap vodker from the freezer

    > why do you keep it in the freezer?

    It tastes better the colder it is (I imagine that's why it's always been
    a popular Russian drink?), whereas things like Whiskey taste better at
    room temperature.

    Dylan Parry, Sep 17, 2005