Opera

bob

In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera. Any ideas?

Dave Miller

In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera. Any ideas?
Go to tools-->advanced--java console

John B. Matthews

Dave Miller said:
Go to tools-->advanced--java console

In addition, on some combinations of platform and browser [1], the
Applet must fail in some way to bring the console out of hiding.

[1] Tested on Mac OS X 10.5.6 & Sarari 3.2.1

Andrew Thompson

 Dave Miller said:
Go to tools-->advanced--java console

In addition, on some combinations of platform and browser [1], the
Applet must fail in some way to bring the console out of hiding.

[1] Tested on Mac OS X 10.5.6 & Sarari 3.2.1

That must be a bit of bother when you are trying
to see updates to a working applet. How do you
flush the class cache?

Class caching, and the difficulties in getting the
console, is part of the reason I developed Appleteer.
<http://pscode.org/appleteer>

John B. Matthews

Andrew Thompson said:
 Dave Miller said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera.  Any ideas?
Go to tools-->advanced--java console

In addition, on some combinations of platform and browser [1], the
Applet must fail in some way to bring the console out of hiding.

[1] Tested on Mac OS X 10.5.6 & Sarari 3.2.1

That must be a bit of bother when you are trying
to see updates to a working applet. How do you
flush the class cache?

Once it's open, the usual commands are available. Any syntax error in
the html is enough to get the ball rolling. Oddly, this was more of a
problem on PPC; I get normal result on x86.

Roedy Green

In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera. Any ideas?

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/console.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/opera.html

for how to turn it on in Opera. There are at least two places you
have to tweak as I recall.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Species evolve exactly as if they were adapting as best they could to a changing world, and not at all as if they were moving toward a set goal."
~ George Gaylord Simpson