    In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
    it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera. Any ideas?

    , May 4, 2009

  2. Dave Miller Guest

    wrote:
    > In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
    > it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera. Any ideas?

    Go to tools-->advanced--java console

    --
    Dave Miller
    Java Web Hosting

    Dave Miller, May 4, 2009

  3. In article <mrFLl.2355$>,
    Dave Miller <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
    > > it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera. Any ideas?

    > Go to tools-->advanced--java console

    In addition, on some combinations of platform and browser [1], the
    Applet must fail in some way to bring the console out of hiding.

    [1] Tested on Mac OS X 10.5.6 & Sarari 3.2.1
    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, May 4, 2009
  4. On May 4, 11:14 am, "John B. Matthews" <> wrote:
    > In article <mrFLl.2355$>,
    >  Dave Miller <> wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > > > In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
    > > > it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera.  Any ideas?

    > > Go to tools-->advanced--java console

    > In addition, on some combinations of platform and browser [1], the
    > Applet must fail in some way to bring the console out of hiding.
    >
    > [1] Tested on Mac OS X 10.5.6 & Sarari 3.2.1

    That must be a bit of bother when you are trying
    to see updates to a working applet. How do you
    flush the class cache?

    Class caching, and the difficulties in getting the
    console, is part of the reason I developed Appleteer.
    <http://pscode.org/appleteer>

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org

    Andrew Thompson, May 5, 2009
  5. In article
    <>,
    Andrew Thompson <> wrote:

    > On May 4, 11:14 am, "John B. Matthews" <> wrote:
    > > In article <mrFLl.2355$>,
    > >  Dave Miller <> wrote:

    > > > Go to tools-->advanced--java console

    > > In addition, on some combinations of platform and browser [1], the
    > > Applet must fail in some way to bring the console out of hiding.
    > >
    > > [1] Tested on Mac OS X 10.5.6 & Sarari 3.2.1

    > That must be a bit of bother when you are trying
    > to see updates to a working applet. How do you
    > flush the class cache?

    Once it's open, the usual commands are available. Any syntax error in
    the html is enough to get the ball rolling. Oddly, this was more of a
    problem on PPC; I get normal result on x86.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, May 5, 2009
  6. Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 4 May 2009 09:34:33 -0700 (PDT), ""
    said :

    >In my Java Control Panel options, I selected "Show Java Console", but
    >it never shows up when I run an applet in Opera. Any ideas?

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/console.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/opera.html

    for how to turn it on in Opera. There are at least two places you
    have to tweak as I recall.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    "Species evolve exactly as if they were adapting as best they could to a changing world, and not at all as if they were moving toward a set goal."
    ~ George Gaylord Simpson

    Roedy Green, May 5, 2009