Operating System?

JJ

Hi,

I was wondering what operating system is everyone using to develop on? And
have you created web services on that platform with any problems. I am
having big problems trying to get web services to work on my win xp pro box
and am wondering if I should just reinstall op?

Thanks,
JJ

Joshua Flanagan

Web service development should work perfectly on Windows XP. You might
get more help if you posted details of the error messages you are seeing.

The most common problem I see with web service development is when the
ASPNET account does not have write access to the necessary temp folder.
You will then get errors from the XmlSerializer when it tries to
create your serialization types.
Verify your local ASPNET account has all of the permission mentioned in
Table 1 (under Assign NTFS Permissions) in this article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secmod/html/secmod15.asp

Joshua Flanagan
http://flimflan.com/blog

Mark Rae

I was wondering what operating system is everyone using to develop on?

WinXPPro + SP2
And have you created web services on that platform with any problems. I am
having big problems trying to get web services to work on my win xp pro
box and am wondering if I should just reinstall op?

Never had any problems creating web services on my dev box or deploying them
on my ISP (Win2k3S)