    and am wondering if I should just reinstall op?

    Thanks,
    JJ

    JJ, Apr 30, 2005

  2. Web service development should work perfectly on Windows XP. You might
    get more help if you posted details of the error messages you are seeing.

    The most common problem I see with web service development is when the
    ASPNET account does not have write access to the necessary temp folder.
    You will then get errors from the XmlSerializer when it tries to
    create your serialization types.
    Verify your local ASPNET account has all of the permission mentioned in
    Table 1 (under Assign NTFS Permissions) in this article:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secmod/html/secmod15.asp

    Joshua Flanagan
    http://flimflan.com/blog

    Joshua Flanagan, Apr 30, 2005

  3. JJ

    Mark Rae Guest

    "JJ" <jjmraz@-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I was wondering what operating system is everyone using to develop on?

    WinXPPro + SP2

    > And have you created web services on that platform with any problems. I am
    > having big problems trying to get web services to work on my win xp pro
    > box and am wondering if I should just reinstall op?

    Never had any problems creating web services on my dev box or deploying them
    on my ISP (Win2k3S)

    Mark Rae, Apr 30, 2005