    good maybe go further on it. Anyway I want to know is c still a good
    language to do this in, or would c++ be a better one? I know c better
    then c++.

    Jordan, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Richard Heathfield, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Jordan

    macluvitch Guest

    > I am planning to write a very small operating system soon in c.

    The most programmers in the whole world are still attached to c and do not think to immigrate to its equivalent oop pl c++. The only reason is they are system programmers .
    I beleive that c++ is a good language but what laids to it is certainly its slow generated programs .

    so if you are to program an os the best appropriate pl is C.

    note that there are also some os written entirely in pascal
    and in any case they are good ones.

    macluvitch, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Jordan

    Jim Ford Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:22:12 -0600, macluvitch wrote:

    >> I am planning to write a very small operating system soon in c.

    > The most programmers in the whole world are still attached to c and do not
    > think to immigrate to its equivalent oop pl c++. The only reason is they
    > are system programmers . I beleive that c++ is a good language but what
    > laids to it is certainly its slow generated programs .

    Well, I do not believe C++ is a good language (in fact, I believe the
    opposite) and I do not believe that the OOP is anywhere near as wonderful
    as so many would have us believe.

    Jim Ford, Mar 7, 2004