Operation must use an updateable query error.

abdul haleem

hiye guys, can anyone tell me whats wrong with this piece
of code? to my knowledge, its looks and seems fine. i'm
very puzzle by this error.
i get this error msg
"Operation must use an updateable query."
anyone knows what it means?

below is the code

Line 31: objCommand = New OleDbCommand("INSERT
INTO DailyUpdates(content) VALUES('HELLO')", objConn)
Line 32: objCommand.Connection.Open()
error here --> Line 33: objCommand.ExecuteNonQuery
()
Line 34: objCommand.Connection.Close()
Line 35: End Sub

yours truly.

mamak

Oliver

If you are using Access as your database, it usually means that the ASPNET
account doesn't have sufficient permissions to the directory where the .mdb
file is located. Access needs to create a lock file (.ldb) so the ASPNET
account needs at least write permissions and maybe full control.