    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Sriram Mallajyosula
    Sriram Mallajyosula, Feb 28, 2007

  2. Sriram Mallajyosula

    Manish Bafna Guest

    Hi,
    To avoid this problem, set the timeout value for the call to the XML Web
    service to infinite, as shown in this example:

    Service1 obj = new Service1();
    obj.TimeOut = -1; // infinite time out.

    references :http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/47096yt2(VS.80).aspx
    --
    Thanks and Regards.
    Manish Bafna.

    Manish Bafna, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Hello Sriram,

    Based on your scenario, the front ASP.NET application call another ASP.NET
    webservice(asmx) through proxy, there are three settings here concerns the
    timeout behavior.

    ** the httpruntime executionTimeout of the ASP.NET web application
    ** the webservice proxy's timeout setting(as Manish has pointed out)
    ** the httpruntime executionTimeout setting of the backend webservice
    application

    Manish has provided reference to the client proxy's timeout setting, you
    can also refer to the following document for ASP.NET application's
    executionTimeout setting(in <httpRuntime> configuration element):

    #httpRuntime Element (ASP.NET Settings Schema)
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e1f13641.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 28, 2007
  4. Hi Manish,

    I will try this option and let you know. Is there any other way of doing
    this. Because the object for the web service is created in almost all the web
    pages which I want to avoid. Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Sriram Mallajyosula

    Sriram Mallajyosula, Feb 28, 2007
  5. Hello Manish,

    If you have many front applications that will use this consume the
    webservice(through generated proxy), you can consider move the webservice
    proxy out of those front applications and put it into a separate class
    library project. Thus, another front applications can simply reference the
    class library project and use the shared webservice proxy. And for this
    shared webservice proxy, you can do some customization on it, such as
    provide a customized constructor which do some additional specific
    initialization( e.g. set the Timeout period)...

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 1, 2007
  6. Hi Steven,

    But here also I need to change all the web forms to refer to the class
    library :).
    I think I will better use the one mentioned by Manish earlier (change
    configuration settings in web.config).

    Sriram Mallajyosula, Mar 1, 2007
  7. Thanks for your reply Sriram,

    Yes, as you said, the initial modification is significant if we change to
    use a class library. BTW, web.config file can only help changing the
    httpruntime executionTimeout, for webservcie proxy timeout, you still need
    to manualy configure it in your page code(that call the webservice method)
    or in webservice generated proxy's code.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 2, 2007
  8. Hi Sriram,

    Any further progress on this issue? If there is anything else we can help,
    please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 5, 2007