Operation timed-out downloading web service durning Add Web Reference

Joe

I'm hosting my web service on a Windows 2003 box which is remotely located.
When trying to add a web reference to a C# project I get an error message
'There was an error downloading 'http://mydomain.com:port/webservice.asmx'
The operation has timed-out
(I've tried with and without using a separate port for the service)

The weird thing is the page does show up on the left side of the screen
listing the available methods but the Add Reference button is disabled.

The web service is accessible from a web browser such as IE using the same
URL and I can test the web service method using IE directly on the server
itself.

The service was working fine for several months but than stopped responding
to the application.

The server was upgraded to a DNS/AD server which is when I think the problem
started happening.

My dev machine is Win XP/SP2

-Joe