    operator overloading like C# does?

    Ron
    , Oct 9, 2007

  2. Scott M. Guest

    First you should understand that overloading is not a C# or VB .NET concept,
    it's an OOP concept. Second overloading is not polymorphism, nor does using
    it necessarially mean polymorphism is taking place.

    VB .NET has always had the ability to overload properites and methods. But
    yes, in VB .NET 2005 the ability to overload an operator (=,+,-, etc.) has
    been added.

    This Google search returns many articles discussing it:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=vb ....d=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

    -Scott

    Scott M., Oct 9, 2007

  3. Yes, you can create overloaded method parameters in both VB.NET and C#.
    VB.NET even makes it a little easier with optional parameters.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Oct 10, 2007