    Islay
    --
    Islay
    Islay Rodriguez Jr., Jul 15, 2009

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SXNsYXkgUm9kcmlndWV6IEpyLg==?= <> wrote
    in news::

    > Does anyone any information and/or have an opinion on the free
    > controls from DevExpress. I'd like some feedback before I install
    > them on my system.

    The DevExpress controls are fine. They are out there, from a company
    standpoint, to market their full suite, but you can use them without
    spending any money.

    I have tried DevExpress, Telerik, ComponentOne, Obout, etc. (not all in
    production apps, but tried out the suites). Each of them has their
    strengths and weaknesses (some, for example, REQUIRE using a custom site
    map, which I personally did not like, as I want the flexibility of
    simply adding the new menu control - DevExpress is not one of them).

    If you want to figure out if DevExpress is the one for you, play with
    the demos:

    http://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxperienceDemos/

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |
    Gregory A. Beamer, Jul 15, 2009

  3. Thanks for your answer, I wasn't sure what I might get myself (my computer)
    into if I installed the software. Sounds like I don't have anything to worry
    about.

    Thanks again.
    --
    Islay

    Islay Rodriguez Jr., Jul 15, 2009
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SXNsYXkgUm9kcmlndWV6IEpyLg==?= <> wrote
    in news::

    > Thanks for your answer, I wasn't sure what I might get myself (my
    > computer) into if I installed the software. Sounds like I don't have
    > anything to worry about.
    >
    > Thanks again.

    DevExpress is installed in its own directory. When you use it in a project,
    it imports the library and a license file (assume there is still one even
    for the free controls). If you uninstall, it uninstalls. Very clean. Good
    company.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA