opinion please ? ADO.net and MS Access

simo sentissi

Hello

I have been developping datadriven applications for a while now. I used sql
server and msde.
but I am on the hunt for an integrated database for a web application I want
to write: what I mean is I want to have a file based DB engine (if possible)
and include the file in a directory of the web app and access it. I just do
not want to deal with the install of a service when redistibuting the app.
I am considering ms access but I want to know if I could have multiple
connections to it via ado.net since the web app will have multiple users
hiting it. I guess that my first question.
the other one is :
Does any body know of an file integrated DB engine ? I am looking at
vistaDB and deseperatley looking for some xml based ones ?

Laidbak

Does any body know of an file integrated DB engine ? I am looking at vistaDB

You have found your answer... vistaDB is highly recommended.
Fast, stable, royalty free, etc, etc...
and deseperatley looking for some xml based ones ?

Don't waste your time... XML database engines really don't make a lot of sense.
How would you index such a thing?