Opinions and help about Symphony CMS php XML XSLT MVC ?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Lea Gris, Nov 8, 2010.

  1. Lea Gris

    Lea Gris Guest

    Hello,

    I am studying and self teaching the working of a free CMS named
    Symphony-CMS based on XML/XSLT and organized as an MVC framework. As
    these where and still are all new and quite foreign concepts for me, the
    learning curve look desperately abrupt. By the way, this framework seems
    plenty powerful and I'd like to go further with it.

    If you don't already know about Symphony-CMS, the website is here :
    <http://symphony-cms.com/>

    I would appreciate your opinions, experiences about that tool as well as
    advices on self/learning concepts around MVC XML/XSLT (tutorials,
    on-line or plain paper reading). I consider myself at the early stage of
    understanding XSLT (like 50% of it), but I still have much difficulties
    thinking and organizing a website content and interactions around these.
    I probably need more mastering on MVC, designing data structures and
    operation than pure XML processing. Even after spending several hours
    following and re-doing a Hello World tutorial named "Say Hello to
    Symphony (parts 1&2)", the fundamental concepts appears still blurred in
    my mind.

    --
    Léa Gris
    Lea Gris, Nov 8, 2010

  2. No opinion about the tool; I don't use Symphony or php.

    If you have specific questions about XML or XSLT, we can try to help you
    with them.

    --
    Joe Kesselman,

    Joe Kesselman, Nov 8, 2010