Opinions: Timed bulk email via ASP.NET

Mark

Hi, I have a client who wants to have a remind me later feature on their
website.

Basically, people can say "Send me an email at a later date to remind me
about this website"
They then enter their name/ email and choose the day they would like to be
reminded on, pretty simple stuff.

Now, in the old days, I would have placed all this information into an SQL
database and then using a scheduled DTS package I would send emails calling
xp_smtp_sendmail or something similiar..

I am always open to new ideas so if anyone has any better ways to do things
I am all ears :)
TIA
Mark

Mark

Hi Steve, thanks. Sorry, I should have been more clear, ths is for a website
using shared hosting so I do not have access to creating a Windows service.

Thanks again
Mark

Lucas Tam

Mark Rae

Hi Steve, thanks. Sorry, I should have been more clear, ths is for a
website
using shared hosting so I do not have access to creating a Windows
service.

I have the same situation with the current arrangement I have with my ISP so
I didn't really have much option other than to use the SQL route.

However, if the site really takes off, I'll upgrade to a dedicated server,
whereupon I'll almost certainly go the Windows service route.

Mark

Thanks everyone for your help
Cheers
Mark