Opinions

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mike Terry, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    Mike Terry, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Mike Terry wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do you
    > like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement of a post I made
    > a few weeks ago.
    >
    > http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

    Have a look at it in Firefox with a slightly larger text size.

    BTW, I love the aqua background color. Oh wait, that is *my* default
    showing because you forgot one...

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 18, 2005

  3. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    Ok thank you good point - exactly the sort I posted it for! Fixed the
    background.

    Am having trouble with my CSS making my bottom DIV show. Any ideas?

    And thoughts on the design in general?

    Richard

    Mike Terry, Feb 18, 2005
  4. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    Oh actually the bottom DIV is showing now.

    Richard

    Mike Terry, Feb 18, 2005
  5. Mike Terry wrote:
    [top-posting corrected; don't do that either]

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >
    >> Mike Terry wrote:
    >>
    >>> Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do
    >>> you like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement
    >>> of a post I made a few weeks ago.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

    >> Have a look at it in Firefox with a slightly larger text size.

    A simple 10% increase in font size shoves your content outside the box.

    >> BTW, I love the aqua background color. Oh wait, that is *my*
    >> default showing because you forgot one...

    > Ok thank you good point - exactly the sort I posted it for! Fixed
    > the background.
    >
    > Am having trouble with my CSS making my bottom DIV show. Any ideas?
    >
    > And thoughts on the design in general?

    It doesn't really look any different than I remember. And without
    trying to dig out the old thread, I'm sure someone must have told you
    do not use px (tiny ones at that), use 100% for font, and em for
    sizing, and not use Verdana, and ... no multi-posting or top-posting.

    Oh, I don't care for your all-lower-case title either... Why is it
    "rich media" in the title, "RichMedia" in the content, and
    "rich-media" in the domain name?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 18, 2005
  6. Mike Terry

    Rob_W Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    [snipped]>

    > Oh, I don't care for your all-lower-case title either... Why is it "rich
    > media" in the title, "RichMedia" in the content, and "rich-media" in the
    > domain name?

    And while you're at it
    check your verbs

    quote: "RichMedia work " unquote
    quote: "RichMedia aims " unquote
    Rob_W, Feb 18, 2005
  7. Mike Terry

    mscir Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Mike Terry wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do you
    >> like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement of a post
    >> I made a few weeks ago.
    >> http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

    > Have a look at it in Firefox with a slightly larger text size.

    <snip>

    I like it very much, it's clean & easy to look at with very nice use of
    color, and it's easy to see what's offered, except I'd have hovertext
    over the 3 images at the top so you know where you're going when they're
    clicked on.

    I see the same problem in Netscape 7.2 that Beauregard saw in FF. I'd
    try to make the text flow when the text size is changed. But overall it
    looks really good, come to think of it... this is the first time I've
    seen a site that uses a clouds image that I liked.

    Mike
    mscir, Feb 18, 2005
  8. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    > A simple 10% increase in font size shoves your content outside the box.

    Lucky that most people will view it at the default size then!

    > It doesn't really look any different than I remember. And without
    > trying to dig out the old thread, I'm sure someone must have told you
    > do not use px (tiny ones at that), use 100% for font, and em for
    > sizing, and not use Verdana, and ... no multi-posting or top-posting.

    What's wrong with Verdana and px? Excuse my ignorance.

    > Oh, I don't care for your all-lower-case title either... Why is it
    > "rich media" in the title, "RichMedia" in the content, and
    > "rich-media" in the domain name?

    The text isn't the final version yet, I'm just concerned with the layout.
    The domain is a problem as no "richmedia" domains available, so I'm still
    not 100% certain about the name.

    Cheers,

    Richard
    Mike Terry, Feb 19, 2005
  9. Mike Terry

    rf Guest

    rf, Feb 19, 2005
  10. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    Thanks for the reply but....the layout?

    I've not even proof-read the text yet, but cheers for pointing it out.

    Richard

    Mike Terry, Feb 19, 2005
  11. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    No you don't, because I'll be checking all the newsgroups for replies.

    Thanks for the reply though.

    Richard

    Mike Terry, Feb 19, 2005
  12. Mike Terry

    Rob_W Guest

    Mike Terry wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply but....the layout?
    >
    > I've not even proof-read the text yet, but cheers for pointing it out.
    >
    > Richard
    >
    > "Rob_W" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>[snipped]>
    >>
    >>>Oh, I don't care for your all-lower-case title either... Why is it "rich
    >>>media" in the title, "RichMedia" in the content, and "rich-media" in the
    >>>domain name?
    >>>

    >>And while you're at it
    >>check your verbs
    >>
    >>quote: "RichMedia work " unquote
    >>quote: "RichMedia aims " unquote

    Overall, I kinda like it
    Rob_W, Feb 19, 2005
  13. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    "Rob_W" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Terry wrote:
    > > Thanks for the reply but....the layout?
    > >
    > > I've not even proof-read the text yet, but cheers for pointing it out.
    > >
    > > Richard
    > >
    > > "Rob_W" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > >>[snipped]>

    "rich

    the

    > >>And while you're at it
    > >>check your verbs
    > >>
    > >>quote: "RichMedia work " unquote
    > >>quote: "RichMedia aims " unquote

    > Overall, I kinda like it

    Cheers. Anything you particularly like or dislike? Or improvements?

    Now we're getting somewhere!

    Cheers,

    Richard
    Mike Terry, Feb 19, 2005
  14. Mike Terry

    rf Guest

    "Mike Terry" <> wrote

    > No you don't, because I'll be checking all the newsgroups for replies.

    Havn't you been told about top posting? <checks/> Yes, you have.

    > Thanks for the reply though.

    Did you even *look* at the following gif?

    rf, Feb 19, 2005
  15. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    Sorry, it's where Outlook plonks my cursor.

    It's a jpg, but yes I did, and am currently seeking ways to stop it
    happening.

    Mike Terry, Feb 19, 2005
  16. Mike Terry

    rf Guest

    "Mike Terry" <> wrote

    > Sorry, it's where Outlook plonks my cursor.

    The stupidest excuse ever. Have you not even HEARD of the down arrow?
    rf, Feb 19, 2005
  17. Mike Terry

    Els Guest

    Mike Terry wrote:

    > Sorry, it's where Outlook plonks my cursor.

    What was that witty reply about shitting in pants again?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Feb 19, 2005
  18. Mike Terry

    rf Guest

    "Els" <> wrote
    > Mike Terry wrote:
    >
    > > Sorry, it's where Outlook plonks my cursor.

    > What was that witty reply about shitting in pants again?

    That's where his arse was plonked?
    rf, Feb 19, 2005
  19. Mike Terry

    Mike Terry Guest

    > "Mike Terry" <> wrote
    >
    > > Sorry, it's where Outlook plonks my cursor.

    > The stupidest excuse ever. Have you not even HEARD of the down arrow?

    Yup, it's what I'd save you having to use by posting at the top. Fair enough
    though!
    Mike Terry, Feb 19, 2005
  20. Mike Terry wrote:

    > Sorry, it's where Outlook plonks my cursor.

    > It's a jpg, but yes I did, and am currently seeking ways to stop it
    > happening.

    Perhaps it's time for this, again. :)

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/toppost.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 19, 2005