    netherlands and elsewhere. is there anywhere a US programmer could go
    and find good opportunities?
    , Feb 14, 2007

  2. Mich Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >i posed this about a year ago. i'm a ten year veteran looking to "see
    > the world" before i settle down. i hear mixed reports from friends in
    > netherlands and elsewhere. is there anywhere a US programmer could go
    > and find good opportunities?

    that probably depends on what you are ready to take ... would you accept to
    work somewhere in Asia for $500 a month?
    Mich, Feb 14, 2007

  3. <> wrote in message
    >i posed this about a year ago. i'm a ten year veteran looking to "see
    > the world" before i settle down. i hear mixed reports from friends in
    > netherlands and elsewhere. is there anywhere a US programmer could go
    > and find good opportunities?

    I hear there are thriving software markets in Denmark.

    --
    LTP

    :)
    Luc The Perverse, Feb 14, 2007
  4. On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:09:30 -0800, Luc The Perverse wrote:
    > I hear there are thriving software markets in Denmark.

    But have you heard Danish?

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Feb 14, 2007
  5. Dag Sunde Guest

    Gordon Beaton wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:09:30 -0800, Luc The Perverse wrote:
    >> I hear there are thriving software markets in Denmark.

    > But have you heard Danish?

    Don't worry about that. 99% of the scandinavian population
    below 50 speak English.

    --
    Dag.
    Dag Sunde, Feb 14, 2007
  6. "Gordon Beaton" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:09:30 -0800, Luc The Perverse wrote:
    >> I hear there are thriving software markets in Denmark.

    > But have you heard Danish?

    Yeah it kinda sounds like German.

    And yes, I speak a little Danish but I had to give it up for Japanese when
    my lessons ran out :(

    I had a contract job through a friend in Denmark - made 1000$ for designing
    a Microsoft Word Toolbar.

    --
    LTP

    :)