    as N goes high.
    so my question is how many no of optimum inputs one should give to
    test the functionality of such system.

    chaitu, Feb 15, 2010

  2. chaitu wrote:

    > lets say there is a system in which there are N -inputs and 1 -
    > output. lets say N-100 or 1000 etc.

    Sounds more like a gate than a system.

    > if we want to test it completely we have to give all 2 power N inputs

    Maybe you mean possible input values.

    > and examine the functionality which will take more time and impossible
    > as N goes high.
    > so my question is how many no of optimum inputs one should give to
    > test the functionality of such system.

    I have to wiggle all of the inputs, but
    probably not cover of the possible values.

    A more interesting question is how best
    to partition the testing. Some designers
    test everything from the top level.
    Others work up from the bottom with
    unit tests for each interface and
    a much simpler top testbench.