Optimization for helper class XStr() ?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Mario S., Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Mario S.

    Mario S. Guest

    Hi,

    I use Xerces 2.5 since 2 weeks for creating/parsing xml documents.
    It's important to have the best performance here.
    I use always the Macro X() which instantiate helper class XStr() to
    transcode the string in the right way. I tool this XStr() out from
    the sample codes delivered by Xerces.

    There is a comment in source above the XStr() class definition:
    --
    // This is a simple class that lets us do easy (though not terribly
    efficient)

    My question: Does anybody know a better/more performant way to transcode
    a char* to XMLCh ?

    Best Regards,
    Mario S.
    Mario S., Apr 1, 2004