optimization of vhdl code

ashu

hi,

i m facing a problem in optimizing my vhdl code , is it possible to
latch a value within a process or is their any way to pass value
between seprate process without having latency.. what i m trying to do
is to increase the max. freq. of my code for which i used seprate
process but it naturally increasse the latency........n in a single
process its giving to much of delay.....i m using quartus & yes mainly
i m using only shift , add oprations in place of div. & mul.

is their anybody who plz can help me.........

thanks

ashwani anand