Optimizations

niju

Hi there
I have a database table that has 1 column and 780 rows. The table is
static. What is the best way to retrieve and populate the data into
dataset, On Application start or caching?

Many Thanks
Niju

tom pester

Application vars and Cache are equaly fast AFAIK, they both reside in memory.

Use the cache if you want to free up memory if your server is in need of it.
A cahced item gets removed if it ain't used while an app var is always there.

Let me know if you have any more questions...

Cheers,
Tom Pester