Optimizing Away

Tor Rustad

J. J. Farrell said:
Tor Rustad wrote:

We already have lots of volatile qualified people,
though - will they do instead?

We only have volatile-qualified objects. ;-)

Old Wolf

CBFalconer said:
Even if it is defined for your peculiar system, why use it? All
you are doing is creating another needless incompatibility.

The system I'm coding on at the moment, does not even
accept int main(void).

Kenny McCormack

I believe that it *might* not because I don't know one way or the
other. For the same reason, I believe that it might.

OP clearly stated that void main(void) was documented and well-defined
for his freestanding implementation, leaving little room for doubt.[/QUOTE]

Such subtleties are generally lost on KT.