Optimizing Programs And Code them with Ruby way

serbulentu

Hi,

I am a newbie in Ruby. I wrote 2 small programs. Both are running with
no errors.

For the first program it simulates a service queue in the variables
musteri means customer and memur means worker of the bank. I would like
to know how can i write it in Ruby way and more optimized.

For the second one i try to read system process table log it and then
try to point programs which are using a lot of cpu and kill them. I use
ps and awk except Ruby. I would like to know how can i do it with pure
Ruby (without ps and awk ) and also with Ruby way. Thanks for all
answers

ps: Comments of the code are in turkish but i suppose codes is enough
for you. If it will be a problem i can translate them into english.

Serbulent UNSAL

1. http://nightwalkers.blogspot.com/2006/03/ruby.html

2. http://nightwalkers.blogspot.com/2006/03/ruby-blm-2.html

Mike Austin

Hi,

I am a newbie in Ruby. I wrote 2 small programs. Both are running with
no errors.

For the first program it simulates a service queue in the variables
musteri means customer and memur means worker of the bank. I would like
to know how can i write it in Ruby way and more optimized.

Have you tried running it with 'ruby -rprofile'?