OPTION EXPLICIT

Sundar

Have you encountered "OPTION EXPLICIT" not working in a
ASP program?

- Windows 2000 Server
- IIS 5.0
- Active Server Pages (VBScript)

We had a program that had "OPTION EXPLICIT" in the first
line. After a short processing, RESPONSE.REDIRECT
redirects the user to another server. The program had a
bunch of variables that weren't declared, but were used in
the logic before RESPONSE.REDIRECT.

The ASP program never gave an error message for the
undeclared variables except for one user (in the LIVE
version) who logged the problem recently and we came to
know about it. The program passed
through "development", "staging" and then went "LIVE" and
had been "LIVE" for a few months.

How could this have happened?

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

First of, show us some sample code.

Second, did the other users get ANY error at all, if not something that
stated "Variable not declared" specifically? If so, they may have their
"Show friendly errors" turned on in their browsers.