Option 'group' not grouping in datagrid

JemPower

I wonder if anyone has some advice or suggestions on a problem I have. I've
populated a datagrid and have a radiobutton in the first column which is for
the users to select a row.

The problem is that .net translates the names of the radiobutton, for
example "optSelect" to "grdNames_ctl2_optSelect", with the ctl2 part of the
name incrementing for each row!

Of course when I come to run the page and check which radiobutton is
checked, the page naturally returns more than one because the 'grouping'
element is not cleared. I did discover a groupName element of the
radiobutton however the naming convention when compiled is as above, only
with a ":groupName" appended at the end.

Anybody got a solution to the above?