option-<key> in jEdit Syntax Package

fxn

We are using the jEdit Syntax Package (http://syntax.jedit.org) to
provide an editor with Python syntax highlighting in a Java/Jython
application.

The component works like a charm, but we've found that option-<key>
does no work on Mac OS X. This is important to for us because in UK
keyboards you need such a combo to enter "#", and in Spanish keyboards
it is used to enter "[", "]", "{", "}", "#", and a few more.

JEditTextArea is a direct subclass of JComponent and I have no clue how
to approach this. Does anybody know how could we fix that?

-- fxn

fxn

For the archives, I founded it.

In the method keyTyped of DefaultInputHandler.java there's this
suspicious

if(c != KeyEvent.CHAR_UNDEFINED &&
(modifiers & KeyEvent.ALT_MASK) == 0)

I just commented out the second condition. Nothing seems broken by now.
-- fxn