options for low jdk minimal resource usage?

Chorg

Hello all, I am looking for a way to minmize the footprint of the JVM...
where can i find information on this?

thx

Robert Olofsson

: Hello all, I am looking for a way to minmize the footprint of the JVM...
: where can i find information on this?

What is it that you want to minimize?
The footprint of your jvm? - try a different one: sun, blackdown, ibm,
bea has good jvms.

The footprint of your classes? - try a profiler and see what data you
keep around. jmp, jprofiler, optimizeIt, jprobe, mjp are a few you can
try.

You can also try to remove the jvm by compiling your code to native
code with gcj or other similar projects.

For better information I do need to know more precisely what it is you
want to do.

/robo

Chorg

For better information I do need to know more precisely what it is you
want to do.

Well, I am researching making a client side application.. i would rather
code it in java then c++. it does not have a gui requirement. the
requirement is simply "not to be a typical java pig" , which is what i
was told. is it possible to use the KVM or J2ME on windows platforms? (
i develop on os X, so i am unsure... )

Thanks you for the information however ... thinking that since there is
no awt/swing requirement that gcj might be the way to go...