    Hello all, I am looking for a way to minmize the footprint of the JVM...
    where can i find information on this?

    thx

    Chorg, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Chorg <> wrote:
    : Hello all, I am looking for a way to minmize the footprint of the JVM...
    : where can i find information on this?

    What is it that you want to minimize?
    The footprint of your jvm? - try a different one: sun, blackdown, ibm,
    bea has good jvms.

    The footprint of your classes? - try a profiler and see what data you
    keep around. jmp, jprofiler, optimizeIt, jprobe, mjp are a few you can
    try.

    You can also try to remove the jvm by compiling your code to native
    code with gcj or other similar projects.

    For better information I do need to know more precisely what it is you
    want to do.

    /robo

    Robert Olofsson, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Chorg

    Chorg Guest

    > For better information I do need to know more precisely what it is you
    > want to do.

    Well, I am researching making a client side application.. i would rather
    code it in java then c++. it does not have a gui requirement. the
    requirement is simply "not to be a typical java pig" , which is what i
    was told. is it possible to use the KVM or J2ME on windows platforms? (
    i develop on os X, so i am unsure... )

    Thanks you for the information however ... thinking that since there is
    no awt/swing requirement that gcj might be the way to go...

    Chorg, Jan 5, 2004