optparse documentation and/or examples

Mark Wilson

Does anyone have links to documentation for optparse (now a part of the
Ruby 1.8.0 standard distribution)? Japanese language links that have
code examples would be fine.

Does anyone know of applications that currently use optparse?

I have found only one example of usage through google:

http://meta-x.de/ruby-optparse-rcr.txt

Thank you.

Regards,

Mark

Takashi & Kayoko Sano

Hi,

Mark Wilson said:
Does anyone have links to documentation for optparse (now a part
of the
Ruby 1.8.0 standard distribution)? Japanese language links that
have
code examples would be fine.
Download the OptionParser (optparse's formal name?) package from
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=OptionParser

And unpack it then you will see documents including English ones.
Short examples are listed in FIRSTSTEP.ja.html(.rd) although the
document itself is in Japanese.
Does anyone know of applications that currently use optparse?

RDtool

OptParse API looks difficult (at least to me), but if you see
code examples in FIRSTSTEP.ja.html, you'll see a general picture
of how to use it.

Hope this helps,

Takashi Sano

Technical Writer/Translator