Oracle Access via cx_Oracle

Greg Lindstrom

Does SQL*Plus work to get at the database?

Yes, I can hit the Oracle database on the remote (posix) machine with
SQL*Plus running on my Windows box. Does that help me out? Please excuse my
ignorance...I've been using MS-SQL Server for the past 4 or 5 years.

--greg

Greg Lindstrom (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health (e-mail address removed)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" W.W.

Mathias Waack

Greg said:
Yes, I can hit the Oracle database on the remote (posix) machine
with
SQL*Plus running on my Windows box. Does that help me out?

I think no. The question Paul asked was: can you connect to the
database with sql*plus in the same environment used by your python
script? If not - what error gives sql*plus?

Mathias