Oracle Access,

abacnet

Hi,

I have a simple .Net web application compiled on my PC using the Framework
version 1.0. Then I install it to a Windows Server 2003 server (with
Framework version 1.1/Version 1.0 is also installed). Then I have this
errors when trying to make database (Oracle) connection:

[OleDbException (0x80040154): No error information available:
REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).]

[InvalidOperationException: The 'MSDAORA.1' provider is not registered on
the local machine.]

Does anybody have any ideas about that?

Thanks,

abacnet

Hi Eric,

I have the Oracle Client (9.1x) installed with SQL Plus. And I have another
code using the Oracle Managed Provider and this last one works fine. It
seems that something is wrong with the OleDb only.

Tx,
EMW said:
I think you'll need to install the oracle drivers on your server machine..

rg,
Eric

abacnet said:
Hi,

I have a simple .Net web application compiled on my PC using the Framework
version 1.0. Then I install it to a Windows Server 2003 server (with
Framework version 1.1/Version 1.0 is also installed). Then I have this
errors when trying to make database (Oracle) connection:

[OleDbException (0x80040154): No error information available:
REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).]

[InvalidOperationException: The 'MSDAORA.1' provider is not registered on
the local machine.]

Does anybody have any ideas about that?

Thanks,

Guest

Maybe you already thought of this but make sure the ASP.NET worker account has access to the folder where the Oracle Client was installed.