Oracle Calling A Stored Procedure

Guest

Hello, I have an update stored procedure which is in a package. In my code I
create all of the paramters and then call the stored procedure with
"ExecuteNonQuery()" method of the command. The Command oject I am using is
an "IDbCommand" rather then the OracleCommand object.

The call always fails which and error message indicating that a conversion
error between character and Numeric values. If I look at the database, the
procedure clearly has worked from a database perspective. It sounds like
some problem with MS attempting to return the "int" of the method of the
ExecuteNonQuery() method.

If I instead create a datareader with the same command above, the procedure
works just fine, I can then read my parameters and all is right with the
world.

Why can't I use the "ExecuteNonQuery" method of the command with Oracle?
What do I need to do differently?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

Jeff Dillon

Show your code where you set the parameter list, and of the stored proc also

Jeff