    not one for Oracle databases.

    Does anyone know of such a tool or Python script.

    regards tores

    Tor Erik Soenvisen, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Tor Erik Soenvisen wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to export an Oracle database to a DDL-formated file. On the Web, I
    > found a Python script that did exactly this for a MS Access database, but
    > not one for Oracle databases.
    >
    > Does anyone know of such a tool or Python script.

    Oracle is equipped with tools to do that. For example the conveniently named
    export tool "exp"

    No python in the equation, though.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Oct 5, 2006

  3. Tor Erik Soenvisen

    Guest

    Tor Erik Soenvisen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to export an Oracle database to a DDL-formated file. On the Web, I
    > found a Python script that did exactly this for a MS Access database, but
    > not one for Oracle databases.

    How does the Python script connect to the MS Access database?

    If it's an ODBC connection, can't you make an ODBC connection to the
    Oracle database and use the same script? I have an application that
    loads PDA data to a named ODBC connection. I point that named
    connection to different databases depending on whether I'm loading
    to the network database (SQL Server) or a local database (MS Access).
    No modification to the application required.

    > Does anyone know of such a tool or Python script.
    >
    > regards tores

    , Oct 5, 2006
  4. On Oct 5, 9:05 am, Tor Erik Soenvisen <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to export an Oracle database to a DDL-formated file. On the Web, I
    > found a Python script that did exactly this for a MS Access database, but
    > not one for Oracle databases.
    >
    > Does anyone know of such a tool or Python script.
    >
    > regards tores

    Would that help?
    http://www.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_OracleTools/README.txt

    Waldemar